Introducing Non-Sticky Bonuses
Different types of Non-sticky BonusesNow that you can tell the difference between sticky and non-sticky casino bonuses, let’s take a closer look at parachute bonuses. Most commonly, players shall encounter these two different types of non-sticky deals:
- Forfeitable bonus- a punter is permitted to withdraw money before rollover requirements are met, but in that case, bonus credits are forfeited; as soon as a punter makes a withdrawal request, those complimentary funds are removed from the account
- Withdrawable bonus- in this scenario, a consumer can cash out the real money as well as the associated winnings before meeting the playthrough requirements; bonus remains on account and can be used for further playing The only thing to keep in mind here is the timeframe or a deadline, as you wish, for completing WRs. If it passes, the bonus credits are removed from the balance, even if it is a non-sticky promo.
The two most common types of sticky bonuses include
- Phantom bonus- additional funds are added to the deposit immediately upon making a qualifying deposit, but upon making a withdrawal, that money is removed; for example, you deposit $20, get a $20 bonus, and you ended playing with $50 on your balance- you’d be able to withdraw $30, after $20 bonus is deducted
- Expiring bonus- these have limited duration, which means they stay on the balance as long as the wagering requirements allow it; while phantom bonuses us removed from the account the very moment a cashout is requested, bonuses with expiry date can be used for further betting, as long as they don’t break the WR deadline
What’s the Difference between Sticky and Non-Sticky BonusesIt is essential that players understand the difference between sticky and non-sticky bonuses displayed in online casinos in the first place. As the name itself hints, a sticky bonus is the one that is “stuck” with the deposit. Also referred to as non-cashable, this type of bonus cannot be withdrawn unless wagering requirements are met. Also known as parachute bonuses, non-sticky bonuses do not tie bonus funds and real money, and hence are cashable. A player can withdraw cash at any time, as he/ she is actually making bets using real money first. However, if a punter starts using bonus funds to place bets, then playthrough requirements enter the stage, and only after meeting them, a withdrawal is possible. The key to understanding the difference between these two types of promotional campaigns is in the order in which a punter plays that money, before becoming eligible to withdraw it. If bonus money is played first and used “for wagering only”, with no possibility to withdraw the bonus money, then it’s a sticky offer. In case real money is used primarily, and you can request a cashout without having to meet the WRs, then we are talking about a non-sticky promo. Also, bear in mind that even though all money is at the player’s disposal for wagering, not all the funds are kept in the same place. Most online casinos place real money and bonus money in separate accounts, so to help players track which funds are used for what.
Advantages of Non-Sticky BonusesWhile comparing different promo packages offered by the operators, you will undoubtedly notice that non-sticky deals come with slightly higher WRs than sticky ones. Despite that, they are still notably more popular among consumers, not only for that but for the following reasons as well:
- Opportunity to withdraw winnings at any time
- They are independent of the rollover requirements
- Real funds and bonus funds are not stuck together
How to Recognize the Most Valuable PromotionsThe fact that a consumer can play his/ her real money part of the bonus first is one of the indicators that it’s a non-sticky promo. However, to be absolutely sure how it works, a customer should take the following steps:
- Read Terms and Conditions to see if there are any country restrictions regarding bonus eligibility
- See how high are the wagering requirements (if opting for a promo that has them attached)
- Check the duration of the promotion, meaning how much time is there to complete WRs
- Take a look at the contribution percentage per game genre and the list of permitted/ forbidden titles with an active bonus
- Find out if there are any limits for cashouts and specific payment methods
Sticky or Non-Sticky- Which One’s BetterAnalyzing the promotional offers casinos-wide, you will notice that the majority of offers are sticky, which on the surface could seem slightly disappointing. However, if you choose a reputable casino to play in (which you always should, regardless of bonuses), it can turn out as a rather good opportunity. What one gets is a substantial balance to start with and explore some slot games, which is an excellent opportunity to upgrade the experience. On the other hand, a non-sticky bonus allows you to lay your hands on winnings faster, without being obliged to stick with the casino for a longer period of time. Come to think of it, this also explains why “sticky” ones are called that way. As long as wagering requirements are not impossible to meet, you can choose any bonus you want. Generally speaking, those who are new to gambling and have limited bankroll will more often opt for non-sticky deals, while those with more experience will choose sticky promos, as it comes with more bonus money upfront.
100% up to $/€300
100% up to R3,000+ 200 Spins
Win Vegas Plus
125% up to €750+ 100 Spins
Win Unique Casino
200% up to €500+ 100 Spins
Are non-sticky bonuses available to players who deposit in cryptocurrencies?
In most cases, cryptocurrencies are eligible for any promotions. Sometimes certain e-wallets, such as Skrill and Neteller can be excepted, but the best thing to do is check Terms and eliminate any doubts.
Can I claim non-sticky casino bonuses on my mobile phone?
Of course, the majority of casino bonuses are optimized for mobile phones and tablets, and non-sticky promos aren’t exceptions. What’s even more, some venues have exclusive deals for those who access the lobbies via portable devices.
Are winnings from non-sticky bonuses withdrawable?
Yes, a player can withdraw winnings from a non-sticky bonus without having to complete playthrough requirements, provided that they played with real money only. If they wagered bonus funds as well, then they need to meet the WRs before making a cashout request.
Is it better to claim a sticky or a non-sticky casino bonus?
This depends from one player to another. If one is not willing to deal with wagering requirements, then non-sticky offers are a better option, but if one wants to have a substantial balance to play games with, then sticky is the one to go for.
Table of Contents
- Introducing Non-Sticky Bonuses
- Non Sticky Bonus Tip
- Different types of Non-sticky Bonuses
- The two most common types of sticky bonuses include
- What’s the Difference between Sticky and Non-Sticky Bonuses
- Advantages of Non-Sticky Bonuses
- How to Recognize the Most Valuable Promotions
- Sticky or Non-Sticky- Which One’s Better
- Non-sticky BonusFAQ